November 26, 2023
- A warm welcome to our guest speaker today Rev. Tim Tze. Pastor Tim is retired and is now serving as a volunteer pastor at Westwood Alliance and helping other local Alliance churches. Formerly, Pastor Tim served at Burnaby Alliance for over 20 years. He is a highly regarded pastor at our District with deep theological insights and passionate pastoral experience.
- 2024 Mission Fund Budget is $140,000. As of yesterday, we have collected 50 faith pledge cards, totalling $ $57,525. Faith pledge cards can be submitted to the Mission Department until the end of the year. Faith pledge cards and budget details are available outside of the Main Sanctuary. A digital version of the faith pledge card is also available on our church website [https://www.nrac.ca/en/forms-bulletins/mission-pledge].
- Local Evangelism Department is organizing a Christmas caroling event on SAT, DEC 16, 2:00-3:00PM at the Garden City Shopping Centre. Practice will be held on SAT, DEC 9, 3:30-4:30PM at the Main Sanctuary. For more information, please contact Kimmy Wong or Elder Joe Howu.
- The Board of Elders has called a Special Membership Meeting on MON, DEC 4, 7:00 PM. The agenda is as follows:
1) Motion for members to authorize the Board of Elders to purchase the property on 9080 Granville Avenue according to market value and apply for rezoning for church use under the following conditions:
i) Must receive concurrent consent from 9120 Granville Avenue to sell their property to NRAC after approval of rezoning application from City of Richmond.
ii) If the rezoning application is not approved, the Board of Elders will sell the property on 9080 Granville Avenue according to market value.
iii) If the rezoning application is approved, the Board of Elders must provide an expansion proposal (including architectural floor plan and financial budget) for members to review and adopt.
2) Other inquiries.
- Church member King Sin Kwan, mother of Carol Li, passed away last Tuesday. Our sincerest condolences to Elder David & Carol Li and family.
- Our deepest condolences to Candice Chung as her father passed away in Hong Kong on NOV 15.
- Please keep the Poon family in your prayers as they are journeying through the loss of Bethany.