October 22, 2017
1. The Year-End Membership Meeting will be held tomorrow, MON, OCT 23 @7:30PM. This is a mandatory meeting for all NRAC Members. The meeting agenda will be:
(1) Election of Elders for the 2018/2019 term
(2) Election for 2 members to the 2018 Elder Nomination Committee
(3) Approval of 2017 and 2018 church financial auditor
(4) Considering a motion to authorize the Board of Elders to purchase a property for church ministry development purposes, and other items.
2. In the OCT 23 Membership Meeting, the nominations for ballot counters and Elder Nomination Committee representatives will be accepted by the Board of Elders prior to the meeting. Nomination forms are available in the main foyer. Please note that the nominator must attend to the membership meeting, and the nominee will need to be seconded for approval at the meeting.
3. The Elder Nomination Committee has nominated Luther Lau, Leo Mak, Kai Kan, and Ka Fai Mak to be nominees for Elders election.
4. We want to extend our warmest congratulations to the newlyweds Thomas Law (NRAC Member) & Lorraine Kwong. May the Lord bless their marriage and life together.
5. The next Theological Weekend (Cantonese) has been scheduled for NOV 2-4. Time: THURS & FRI @7:00-9:00PM; SAT @9:00AM-3:00PM. Class: “Church History in Outline (AD-1600)”. Instructor: Rev. Dr. Jason Yeung. For course syllabus or registration, please contact Rev. Jeffrey Ku.
6. The Local Outreach Department will organize Christmas caroling teams to sing in the neighbourhood on DEC 16 @ 6:00–8:00pm. Practice sessions will take place on SUN, NOV 26 and DEC 10 (times to be confirmed). Please register with your fellowship chairperson or contact Paulin Poon. Registration deadline: NOV 12. For more info, please contact Kimmy Wong or Elder Kai Kan.
7. There will be a special Alliance Women (Cantonese) meeting on SAT, NOV 11 @10:00AM. Speaker: Missionary Brenda Tjosvold. Lunch tickets: $10/person. Please register with Vicky Yip or Jenny Khoo.
8. The Annual NRAC Bible Quiz will be held on DEC 10 @8:00PM. Each fellowship needs to have a minimum of 3 representatives. Questions will be related to the Book of Jeremiah and the Book of Lamentations. Fellowship representatives must have read both books at least once.
9. EM Prayer Meeting – Come join us every WED @8:00PM in the chapel for midweek fellowship and prayer. If you have any prayer requests or praise items, you can submit them at [emprayer.wordpress.com] or the “Prayer & Missions” section of EM Bulletin Board.